Wednesday 26 September 2012

My Perfume Collection

Hello everyone!

I haven't posted in a while... So I thought I'd put up something to let you know I'm alive! 

These are just a few of my favourite perfumes that I always wear in rotation, I'm not going to write much about their notes because let's face it, I don't understand them. 


l-r Victoria's Secret Very Sexy Touch, Victoria's Secret Incredible, Marc Jacobs Daisy, Burberry Body, YSL Elle, Tom Ford Black Orchid, Marc Jacobs Oh Lola, Dolce and Gabanna The One and L'eau The One

I don't really know if there's a common theme here, I know a lot of my perfumes are quite musky and whilst researching this post the word vetivier kept popping up, so I guess I like that too!

The two Victoria's Secret fragrances are mists and I love them! They were £14 each and despite being mists they wear for hours and because the bottles are plastic they are so lightweight, perfect for nights out.

I've worn Daisy for years and this spring I received Oh Lola, I love them both but I don't wear them too much as they can be a bit too girly for me, but they're great for day time in the spring and summer.

YSL Elle, Tom Ford Black Orchid and Burberry Body are my serious perfumes! They are all so womanly in their own way and personally I think they smell really expensive (and so they should, for the price of them!) 

I love YSL Elle, this is my third bottle and this was a limited edition purse version, I think it's 15ml but it came with two other refills. This is a really modern and sophisticated perfume and I have a love for all things YSL and I think this fragrance really embodies that kind of sexy attitude that French women have. I intend on wearing this all the time when I go and live in France next year!

Black Orchid is a bit of a controversial fragrance, it is so different to anything I've ever owned and I know it's not to everyone's tastes. I think Michael Jackson used to wear it (eek) and I absolutely hate the smell of it...for the first half hour! Then it turns into something amazing and unique, but I hardly wear it because I know I'll hate it at first! It is very expensive (and it's gone up by a fiver since I bought it in 2010) but I still have it, it lasts forever. I definitely recommend having a test of this, but spray it on you and not a piece of paper, and leave it half an hour before making up your mind.

Burberry Body for me is pure sophistication, it's a little powdery and quite different. The campaign for this just sums up the perfume perfectly, it's classy, sexy and womanly. (Oh and it will always remind me of uni because I may have bought it with my student loan, woops)

Finally, Dolce & Gabanna The One. This will always be the one for me, this is my signature scent without a doubt, everytime I wear it it brings back so many memories. My boyfriend wears the male version (not intentionally!) and they just smell so good together. I bought L'eau The One this summer as a lighter version and convinced myself it has a completely different dry down, but I'm not sure it does! Oh well, I won't have to repurchase them any time soon!

So that was a long post! Let me know what your signature scent is, and do you have any that I have?

Love Sophie x

7 comments:

  1. My signature is Agent Provocateur Maitresse mixed with the original Molecule... but recently I have been wearing VS sexy little things tease which i LOVE!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh I have that one too, Maitresse that is, such a sexy perfume! x

      Delete
  2. SOPHIE'S ALIIIIIVE!

    You need to get a Twitter girrrrl.

    I'm been lusting after Black Orchid for a while now. But maaan it isn't exactly purse friendly? I'm going to have to bite the bullet and just buy the thing! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've got D&G the one on my wishlist!

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. make sure you've entered my giveaway to win 30 beauty products inc essie! it's worldwide too, click here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i seriously need new perfume x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your perfume collection!!!

    New follower!!
    ♥,
    Shari
    The Misty Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bloody miss your face woman! x

    ReplyDelete