Monday 4 October 2010

Loves And Hates of September

Sorry I know it's a bit late but I lost my memory card, I was so upset at losing it I even dreamt about it :(
But I've found it so I can get on to doing my loves and hates of September. 

Loves

L'oreal Voluminous
Can you believe I only recently bought this? I have the original grey tube version but it pales in comparison to this. I love black black eyelashes as I'm quite pale and the greyish tone that the other voluminous had did me no favours! This is so much nicer

L'oreal Super Liner
Why is it that every other range in Boots seemed to have a 3 for 2 except L'oreal? Either way I love this eyeliner it is so so easy to use, lasts ages (even in the rain) and I'm just in love with it! Perfect and quite cheap too (£5.99 I think)


 NYC Smooth Skin Loose Face Powder
I did a post on this quite recently and I'm still showing it some love. I think its great in that it's translucent so it doesn't look patchy. And a super huge bargain at around £2.50

 Neutrogena Concentrated Hand Cream
This stuff is AMAZING. It lasts forever as the tiniest blob can cover your whole hand. I use it on dry patches of skin and on my lips. It's perfect to put on your lips before using matte lipsticks as it's not a cream as such, more a gel so it dries quickly and isn't greasy.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Virgin
I love love love this colour. It is so heavily pigmented it's unbelievable. If you put it on top of black eyeliner it turns your eyeliner silver and as a testiment to how pigmented it is, it can pretty much blank out Mulch.
Hates

Okay I use the term hate loosely, I don't hate these products, they're just not getting much use lately

 
MAC MSF Natural
I love this powder I really do, but after getting back into my NYC powder this just feels too expensive, and not in a Tom Ford luxurious kind of way, but a why did I spend so much money on THIS kind of way. It's also a bit orangey for my liking.

Bourjois Smoky Eyes Trio Eyeshadow
These eyeshadows look really pigmented but they're not. Use a brush with these and you might as well not be using them at all. And I hate sponge applicators! Really nice idea and I love the packaging but the quality isn't that great. Also when I followed the instructions on how to get the smoky eye it was just so WRONG. No crease work, nothing. The darkest shade is to be used on the lash line. Dear me, that's what eyeliner is for!
Link me up to your monthly favourites!

Hope you had a lovely weekend,
Sophie xxx

7 comments:

  1. Id love if you could review the MSF please thanks so much :)

    http://ameliablogsoff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Mac MSF so I'll definately have to give the NYC powder a go :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post :D
    Virgin will be making an appearence in my september favourites too, it's such a gorgeous colour, I'm scared I am going to run out of it soon, and it's limited edition to that palette :(
    - beth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. funny, i was just going to buy that eyeshadow trio, i hate it when they appear pigmented but they aren't too!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love "favourites" posts, here's mine: http://seetheworld-samwells87.blogspot.com/2010/09/august-september-favourites.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. i hate un pigmented eye shadows! i love wearing virgin to school as well as sin (:,xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post :)

    I went out and bought the NYC smooth skin loose powder after reading your review, i really like it, its just superrr messy (as youd expect)! I was thinking about the msf too!

    I love virgin as well and agree about mulch :)

    x.ó

    ReplyDelete