Sunday, 18 July 2010

I need help! MAC 188 Brush

Just a really quick post, but a while back I got this brush free of charge from MAC (okay okay it was a mix up in orders but they let me keep it!) but I can't for the life of me work out how to use it. What do you use it for? And how do you use it? Or how would you?

188 Small Duo Fibre Face Brush
A flat-topped, full circular brush used for lightweight application and blending of any formula colour – fluid, cream, powder or pigment. Ideal for creating soft layers or adding textures. Made from a soft blend of goat and synthetic fibres.

Thank youuu!
Sophie x


  1. Hiya :) I've got a dupe of this brush from GOSH, and I use it for applying my liquid foundation. I use Revlon ColorStay, so I put a little on the back of my hand, then dab the brush in it. I then move the brush in circular motions on my face to apply, moving around the face for even distribution of product. I also use it for a light dusting of powder to set, and it's great for blending powder blush if you want to even out the colour. I hope you found this useful :) xx

  2. that so cool! i wish there would be a mix up and i could get a free mac brush! :D

  3. I agree with Kim and think it sounds like the perfect brush for blending your "face" make up, foundation and powder in particular.

  4. It's a gorgeous foundation brush. A tad small, 187 has larger surface and gets the job done quicker.
    188 can be used for blush too :), not to mention highlighting.