Saturday 31 July 2010

Loves and Hates of July!

Hey everyone!

Wowee can't believe we're going into August! This year is going by so fast, don't you think? A couple of loves and hates for you, not a very hateful month this time as I'm trying to buy things that will actually work!

Loves
 17 Wild Curls Mascara - £5.99
I got this about a week ago, and I actually quite like it! I like the brush and I find that despite it not being THAT volumising I think it holds the curl, so I may have to add a couple of coats of L'oreal Voluminous on top. Here are my lashes with it with 2 coats. What I do like about this mascara is that it stays black all day. You know how some mascaras, by the end of the day you might as well not put any on in the morning? I hate that, but it's not the case with this.
Marks and Spencers Ladder Resist Cooling Open Toe Tights in Sun Tan - £4
Recently, Grazia did a feature on skin coloured tights so I thought I'd treat myself to a decent pair considering the recent drop in temperature, and how can you resist that sheen? How moisturised does that look? Hoping I can get away with the open toeness with my new sandles! 

Hates
Eyelash Curler as part of gift set with Wild Curls Mascara - £Free

Now I know its free and all, but it took me FOREVER to work out how to use it, and it looks like a weapon of torture. It gave an alright curl when I figured out how to use it (flip down the bit at the back?!) but it was so awkward to use I'm sticking with my Body Shop ones (an ultimate love, see my review here)

Rimmel Glam Eyes Mono Shadow in Spicy Bronze - £4.49
I'm a bit on the fence with this one. The price is a bit high for the quality and when I use it my eyes either look really nice or a bit bruised. It's a shade that needs eyeliner. I wouldn't say I hate it, but I think there are eyeshadows that are much better quality for the same price. On the other hand, the sponge applicator it comes with is actually quite good, it has two different sized ends for different application techniques.

What do you think guys? Got any of these products? What are you loving and hating? Let me know!

Love Sophie xx

3 comments:

  1. Haha I had the same trouble with that Eyelash Curler. I was literally there for about an hour trying to work it out, it so pissed me off! lol.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had the same problem with the eyelash curler and now it's snapped my eyelashes, NEVER using it again. Awful.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I think it's in the bin where it belongs! x

    ReplyDelete