Friday 27 August 2010

I Need Your Help (AGAIN!)

Hello lovely ladies

As I'm sure you're aware, I have a fairly English Rose complexion. This is why I cannot get a high street foundation to work for me without me going 'ooh, a bit yellow' (in the words of a House Of Fraser MUA). It's also the reason why I can't really pull off nude lippie

So I came up with my own 'nude' lip, and I really want to know what you think of it on me. Do I look a bit weird? Do you think it suits me?


I personally quite like it, but I was wondering if I looked like a 90s throwback. You know, just watch ANY American film from that era and you'll see what I mean. . 

Oh and if you were wondering, I used
L'oreal Infallible Lipstick in Golden Grape
Rimmel Vinyl Gloss in Heartbeat
L'oreal lip liner

Oh and this really made me giggle

Let me know what you think of my alternative nude!

Thank you, Sophie xx

9 comments:

  1. I think that actually looks really good! And btw- u are soo beautiful!

    http://brightshimmer8.blogspot.com

    xoxo,
    Paula

    ps. I always kiss my dog with pink lipstick- then it looks like she has on a pink lip :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tad dark, but pretty :D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think its lovely!:)xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. very grown up and sophisticated.

    and i agree with brightshimmer8, your so pretty :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great to me.. and it even suits your cat ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it but i'm surprised you cant wear nudes on your lips, have you tried Mac crem d nude? I find nudes hard to wear but i am quite tanned but its a gorgeous shade with enough pink in it to stop it looking Blaaaah.
    I've tagged you on my blog this morning too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look absolutely stunning in that picture!

    I have the same problem with foundation...but my skin is a little darker so foundation's are either too yellow or too orange for me :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it looks great, perhaps a sheer shade would also suit you

    ReplyDelete
  9. great pic!you know how to make-up

    http://manuellal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete