Sunday 29 August 2010

Review: Benefit's The Porefessional

Hey lovely ladies!

Oh man I wanted this to work so bad, but it wasn't to be. This is what the Porefessional claims;

Quickly minimize the appearance of pores! Apply this silky, lightweight balm for translucent pore coverage and smoother-than-smooth skin. Pores now you see 'em, now you don't! Complements all skin tones

I don't know, maybe my pores aren't that big in the first place but I noticed NO difference. I do quite like the feel of it (that'll be the silicones!) and it smells okay. It actually smells just like E.L.F's Sugar Orange scent they use in EVERYTHING. It doesn't make a difference when applying foundation either. Hmm. 

The Porefessional - £23.50

And I'm a bit sceptical about the 'complements all skin tones' bit. As it's slightly peachy tinted I think if a darker skinned lady were to use it it would turn their skin a bit ashy. I'll test it at some point on a friend! You do only need a blob though


 
It feels like I've spent £23.50 on an extra step in the morning that isn't really necessary. I'm going to keep on using it to see if I can learn to love it, but it's not really something I'd recommend, especially considering there's cheaper things out there that do the same job. While I'm here have a FOTD, you can see that the Porefessional is nothing special, it's the MAC Face and Body that gives me a smooth glow



 What products do you have that don't live up to their claims?

Love Sophie x 

4 comments:

  1. Saw this in Boots today and thought it looked interesting! What a shame it doesn't work! You're soooooo pretty hun, love your FOTD! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a shame! you look so pretty in your FOTD<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a shame it didn't work for you. I tried it the other day at Benefit's counter.
    I'm in love with it... can't wait to buy one!
    They applied on top of my foundation and I could clearly see how smaller my pores looked like! I was very impressed. My skin was extremelly smooth and soft too.
    Over here for €33.50 I find it quite pricey. I rather wait until my next trip (I'll probably go over to London within a few weeks) and get it on the duty free!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @confessions of a beautyholic - perhaps that's what I need to do, put it over foundation. I'll have a go :) but yes it is really expensive, and 33.50 is a rip off! x

    ReplyDelete